Sharing the Dreams

People are dreaming about Barack Obama. Because his presidency affects us on a collective level, individual dreams about him can reflect various aspects of collective awareness.

This blog is a collaborative gathering of dreams that contain Obama as a figure in the narrative or as an image. I will post the dreams here anonymously, without my comments, where they can be viewed as expressions of the collective world psyche.

The intention with this collection is not to analyze individual dreams, but rather to let the nature of each dream speak for itself as part of the world psyche. As we listen, we can bring individual voices into greater collective consciousness.

You can participate in this blog in several ways:

SHARE your dream: email to me at Imaginalways@gmail.com

Write your dream as if it is happening right now (present tense). Include:
date (when you had the dream)
location (where you were sleeping when you had the dream)
your age (in current waking-life)


READ the dreams here: simply scroll down this page or subscribe to the posts.

TELL others about the Dreams With Obama blog.

ENCOURAGE others to participate.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

June 2008; Kansas City, KS, Age 35

Set: Old one story Motel with a coffee shop next door, picnic tables in front and a caretaker’s apartment. It is worn and out of date.

Cast: PL: old flame, HW and FM: Friends, FR: Partner

PL is in town and we are eating outside at picnic tables and sitting with two strangers. One mentioned at the end that she knew my mom and I am worried she will tell my mom that PL was with me. HW and FM show up and I’m happy to see them, but tell them as we all go into my apartment that I need to talk to PL. They leave. PL goes to the bedroom area and I go in too. But I worry about FR walking in and worry that I’m about to break my word.

Something happens outside and we go out. Barack Obama is there stopping at the coffee shop. I ask if I can talk to him. PL is off talking to someone else so I take Barack into the motel and he goes back to the bedroom. I think “Hell yeah!” and go lay down with him. He kisses me with a really wet, thin lipped, all teeth, not very good kiss. I am not there for kissing so I start to take my clothes off. I worry again about FR walking in the room and I say so. He says, “No one can get in right now.” I look at him questioningly. “The boys wont let anyone in,” he says and points towards the window. I move the blinds and see all these Secret Service men around the coffee shop. I freak out realizing ALL these people are watching the apartment and I’ve just moved the bedroom blinds.

Now Barack is gone and I’m with PL who has to go now because Barack is leaving and SHE’S HIS ASSISTANT!” As she’s going I say, “He’s not a very good kisser”. Her head snaps up and says, “You kissed Barack?! …Interesting.”


~ end of dream